- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Jahre, 6 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:34 Uhr #979AnonymGast
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO“s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world“s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO“s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Organisational development and programme management advisor
Maridi Service Agency
Maridi Town, South Sudan
Start date: 16 August 2012
Length: 24 months
What does the role involve?
You will work closely with the Executive Director to build staff capacity and to:
• Develop a 3-5 year strategic plan for the organisation
• Develop funding proposal processes, including conducting needs assessments, project design and analysis
• Develop policies on administrative and financial systems, staff appraisals, ISPP development
• Project planning and implementation including developing monitoring and evaluation systems
• Deliver training to staff in training and facilitation skills
• Report writing
• Develop advocacy strategies and policies for MSA
• Develop networks and links to increase sharing and learning within the organisation.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You“ll have a degree in a related field (social science, business management or similar) or equivalent professional experience. You will have used your excellent team building and project management skills to strengthen organisations and manage programmes. You“ll have experience of media programme design and delivery as well as experience of all aspects of project management, including strategy planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation. You“ll know how to develop internal policies and procedures as well as an understanding of advocacy, networking, research and social movement. You“ll be able to work cross culturally and is able to develop good working relationships across a team. In order to do this you will be an excellent communicator and able to build others“ capacity. You“ll be the type of person who is positive, proactive and likes adventure.
And the rest…
You“ll be based in Maridi Town, in the Western Equatoria state and west of Juba, the capital of South Sudan. Maridi County is home to Lake Kazana, a beautiful spot for picnics. We“ll ask you to commit 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we“ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we“ll help you resettle and we“ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the following reference on your application form: SS0036/0001/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.