- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Jahre, 6 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:34 Uhr #978AnonymGast
Management development advisor
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO“s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world“s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO“s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Management development advisor
Eastern Equatorial State Ministry of Health
Torit, Eastern Equatorial State, South Sudan
Start date: 16 August 2012
Length: 24 months
What does the role involve?
You will work with the Director General of the Eastern Equatorial State Ministry of Health to improve and develop organisational systems and management.
To do this you will:
• Work with the Director General to provide technical support and develop basic management skills of all Ministry staff
• Work with the Directors of the various work streams to develop their management capacity and their professional capability and achievements
• Work with all staff on developing monitoring and evaluation systems at county and state level which comply with national Health Management Information Systems.
• Where appropriate, provide technical assistance to the State Ministry of Health in managing donor efforts
• Develop links with other VSO volunteers working with State or national departments to align all policy development and implementation
• Support the state ministry of health to implement the changes in national policy
• Act as a liaison between the VSO Health programme and the State Ministry of Health
• Build good working relationships with other technical advisors to ensure all state health department work is coordinated and complementary.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You“ll have a degree or equivalent qualification and significant experience in a management or leadership role, specifically HR project and change management. As part of this you will have experience of working with senior officials and managers and excellent communication skills. You“ll need good working knowledge of health planning and the skills needed to deliver accessible health services. IT skills are a must, as are excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-culturally with limited resources. Ideally you“ll have experience of financial, workforce and information systems management and planning. Knowledge of health and clinical practice, logistics and supplies would be a bonus.
You“ll need to be sympathetic to the needs of working in a post conflict environment and willing to work within the cultural norms of South Sudan and with limited resources. You will be able to build good working relationships with a wide range of people at all levels and be able to work with others to prioritise and achieve challenging goals. In addition to all this, you“ll be a flexible, proactive and positive person with an appetite for adventure!
And the rest…
You“ll be based in Torit, the capital of the Eastern Equatorial State.
We“ll ask you to commit 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we“ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we“ll help you resettle and we“ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email email@example.com. Please put the following reference on your application form: SS0043/0001/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.