- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 11 Jahre, 2 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:33 Uhr #977AnonymGast
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO”s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world”s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO”s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Start date: 27 September 2012
Length: 13 months
What does the role involve?
You will work with Renaissance staff and local community members to:
• Conduct research on the impact of climate change on local livelihoods, especially agriculture.
• Design and develop model agricultural projects and technology which are able to respond to the impact of climate change, specifically in the areas of fisheries and agriculture.
• Train staff and the local community to use new model projects/technology/initiatives
• Support the organisation to mobilise the local community and its resources.
• Encourage and support the local community in developing cooperatives.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You”ll need to have qualifications and a strong background in agriculture or a relevant field with experience of working on livelihoods and climate change issues. You”ll be have knowledge of agricultural markets and production and be able to design and implement agricultural and fisheries models which are adaptive to climate change. You”ll be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of marketing and developing cooperatives, ideally with marginalised communities. You will have experience in conducting training and facilitation and capacity building. You”ll be an analytical person with the ability to think strategically and pragmatically to improve programme quality. You”ll also be the type of person who can motivate others, adapt to any environment and loves a challenge!
And the rest…
You”ll be based in Chitalmari, in South-West Bangladesh.
We”ll ask you to commit 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we”ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we”ll help you resettle and we”ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email email@example.com. Please put the following reference on your application form: B0405/0001/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.