- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 11 Jahre, 2 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:30 Uhr #973AnonymGast
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO”s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world”s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO”s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Advisory nurse tutor
Rumbek School of Nursing
Rumbek, South Sudan
Start date: 16 August 2012
Length: 24 months
What does the role involve?
You will work with the school”s staff, local tutors and clinical mentors to build capacity and promote professionalism. To do this you will:
• Work in collaboration with tutors to plan a student centred teaching curriculum including work in the practical skills lab.
• Develop and improve the clinical supervision and student mentoring programme during placements.
• Train recent graduates to become local supervisors.
• Deliver joint training sessions to build the capacity of teaching staff and promote best practice in teaching.
• Advise and assist the newly established State Nursing and Midwifery Association in designing and developing a work plan and future activities, managing the association and its staff and seeking funding opportunities.
• Promote a culture of continuous learning and developing, capacity building and striving for excellence.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You”ll be a registered nurse with significant professional experience and some experience of teaching or mentoring. You will also be experienced of managing a small team or ward. You will be computer literate and able to use databases, spreadsheets and the interne to source information. If you already have experience of working in a resource-poor setting that would be a bonus.
You will have excellent communication and demonstration skills and the ability to work independently. You”ll be flexible, supportive and patient when working with others and the type of person who is positive, proactive, and likes a challenge.
And the rest…
You”ll be based in Rumbek in South Sudan.
We”ll ask you to commit 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we”ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we”ll help you resettle and we”ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the following reference on your application form: SS0014/0001/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.