- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Jahre, 6 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:36 Uhr #982AnonymGast
Public health management advisor
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO“s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world“s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO“s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Public health management advisor
Jur River County Health Department
Wau, Western Bahr el Ghazal, South Sudan
Start date: 16 August 2012
Length: 24 months
What does the role involve?
You will support the work of the Director to develop the CHD. To do this you will:
• Build the capacity of the director and other staff to develop their management skills
• Support the director to establish formal links with the Ministry of Health, including accessing funding and training opportunities
• Provide on the job training to staff to develop office management systems and processes (including filing and record keeping, HR processes, IT skills and work plans)
• Work with the CHD to identify challenges in implementing the national policy at primary care level and devise action plans to deal with the challenges.
• Work with the director to develop community participation activities, including strengthening health centre management committees and encouraging communities to get involved in health promotion.
• Provide technical support in identifying funding opportunities, writing proposals and financial planning and management, including reporting systems to funders and recipients of funded services.
• Work with other technical advisors to provide a collaborative, complementary and comprehensive service.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You’ll need to have a degree in a relevant field and professional experience of working in a leadership or management role. You’ll need to have significant experience of working in service management and delivery at a community level to increase participation of the local community in these services, specifically in a primary/community health context. You’ll also have experience of working with senior staff and managers.
You’ll be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of primary and community health services and how to promote good health and improve access to services. You will have change management and negotiation skills and experience of coaching or mentoring would be a bonus. IT skills are a must as well as excellent communication skills. You’ll need to be willing and able to work cross culturally with limited resources and be sympathetic to the needs of working in a post conflict environment. You’ll be a flexible, proactive and positive person with an appetite for adventure!
And the rest…
You’ll be based in Wau which is the capital of the state of Western Bahr el Ghazal.
We’ll ask you to commit 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we’ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we’ll help you resettle and we’ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the following reference on your application form: SS0042/0001/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.