- Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 11 Jahre, 2 Monaten von Anonym.
30. Juli 2012 um 14:32 Uhr #975AnonymGast
The European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (EVHAC) is an initiative developed by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) of the European Commission. Volunteers working under the EVHAC project will be placed directly with VSO”s partner organisations in Bangladesh or South Sudan, and will be supported by VSO offices in each of those countries.
VSO is the world”s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO”s high-impact approach involves bringing people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action, and change lives to make the world a fairer place for all. VSO has around 1,500 volunteers working with partners in 36 countries.
Community mobilization advisor
Employer: Gram Bikash Kendra (GBK)
Location: Birampur, Dinajpur District, Bangladesh.
Start date: 27 September 2012
Length: 13 months
This is an exciting opportunity to work with GBK, to empower marginalised people ,in particular women, children, disabled people and indigenous people to access services and claim their rights and build their skills and knowledge on agriculture.
What does the role involve?
You will build the community’s capacity to implement climate-change resilient, agricultural tools and practices. To do this you will:
• Build staff capacity on community based development approaches
• Support young people to identify and analyse existing agricultural tools and practices in their community
• Work with youth volunteers to write case studies on community learning and good practice
• Build relevant relationships with service providers at the community level
• Implement with youth volunteers the use of climate change related modern tools and practices at the community level.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You will have a degree in an agriculture-related subject, with experience in implementing the use of modern climate-change resilient tools and practices. You will also have a sound knowledge of agricultural development issues. You will be a patient and flexible person, sympathetic to the needs of marginalized people and able to motivate others. If you have an interest working with women and young people this would be a bonus.
And the rest…
We’ll ask you to commit 13 months to make a sustainable contribution to development goals and in return we’ll provide you with invaluable training before your placement, a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country we’ll help you resettle and we’ll invite you to stay involved with us through campaigning, development awareness raising and fundraising.
To apply for this role please go to EVHAC/VSO website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the following reference on your application form: B0369/0005/0001
Please note, the EVHAC project is only open to citizens of EU countries. We will be unable to respond to applications from applicants outside the EU. Please visit http://www.vsointernational.org/ for non-EU volunteering opportunities with VSO.
- Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.